Information That We Collect
- Account information. If you create an account with us, you may provide us with information that includes your user ID, email address, phone number, password or other information for account verification. You might choose to provide us with additional information, such as professional, financial and other personal information.
- Contact information. If you place an order with us for any product and service offering, or contact us for customer service, you may provide us with your contact information including your name, email address, shipping address, billing address and phone number.
- Payment information. If you place an order with us for any available product and service offering or engage in financial transactions by using certain products and services, you may provide us with your payment information such as your bank account, credit card number, debit card number, or other form of payment information.
- Communications. When you contact us, we may collect information about your communications with us, including your contact information, and the time, topic and content of your communications.
- Location information. If your location is collected through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth sensors of your mobile device, please be aware that such sensors, and the associated data services, may be provided by a third party, which may access such information for the purpose of providing such data services to us.
- Technical Information. If you visit our website, you may provide us with technical information about the device running the browser or the application. Such information may include your IP address or device address, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use our website. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with our email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
- Employment. If you apply for a position with us, you may provide us with your educational information, such as your academic degree and graduated school and employment-related information, such as your former employers and working achievements. We may also collect such information from third party recruiters or other websites.
Use Of Your Information
We may sometimes use other businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our website, providing marketing assistance and data analysis and performing other related services. In so doing, we may provide personally identifiable information to those businesses when such information is necessary for them to perform their services. In addition, we will require all such service providers to use the information solely to provide the specified services. We also reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information when we believe that the law requires it, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our website. The use of information that we might collect includes the following:
- To maintain and enhance our website, our products and our services, to analyze the information you provide to us, to personalize the content you receive and provide you with tailored content that will be of interest to you.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences, to improve our website, and to develop new products, services, features and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes, including for customer service. We may send direct marketing such as communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. If you are an individual or consumer, we will only send you direct marketing with your consent or as permitted by applicable law. You may send unsubscribe requests or withdraw your consent at any time.
- To detect, prevent and respond to fraud, abuse, security risks and technical issues that could harm our users, us, or the public.
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
- We will aggregate personal data we collect, such as the number and frequency of your visits to our website, to produce metrics and statistical information. We will also use aggregate data to help us understand how our website is being used and to improve its usability. We also use it to enhance the quality and availability of products and services we might offer.
- To comply with applicable laws, such as laws related to the use of unmanned aerial system (UAS) products or opening online accounts.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we will only use your information when we have a valid legal ground, including when:
- You have consented to the use of your information, for example to send you marketing communications.
- We need to use your information to enter into or perform a contract with you, for example to deliver products, or provide you with the customer support and other after-sales services.
- We need to use your information to comply with a legal obligation, for example to comply with a court order, subpoena, or warrant.
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your information to understand and improve our website and our products and services, and to monitor for and prevent fraud. We only rely on our own or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
When We Disclose Information
- We may share your information with our affiliates when permitted by law and that are necessary to provide you with our products and services.
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to make publicly available by uploading it to a publicly accessible site or venue or that you otherwise elect to make public, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We will work with third party service providers to provide payment facilitation, parcel transportation, application development, traffic monitoring or analysis, electronic messaging and other services for us. We require these service providers to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf, only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- We may preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or enforceable request.
- We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activities, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of any products and services and any facilities or equipment used to make such products and services available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including information you provided and any information collected through our products and services, may be disclosed and otherwise communicated to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We may make certain aggregated, de-identified, or non-identifying information about users of our products and services available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; (iii) product safety analysis; or (iv) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality of our products and services.
Your Rights and Choices Regarding Collected Information
If you receive commercial email or text messages from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or text message. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email or text messages from us or object to be profiled by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may also have the right to request access to additional information, including the right to request access to and receive certain information we maintain about you; to update or correct inaccuracies in the information we maintain about you; to receive a copy of the information which you provided for its transmission to another company; to object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation; and to have the information blocked, deleted, or erased, as appropriate. When we process personal data on the basis of your consent, you can also withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we will apply your preferences going forward, and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
However, if you exercise your right to object to your rights of blocking, deletion or to be “forgotten” or if you decline to share certain information with us, or if you withdraw your consent to our processing of information about you, we may not be able to provide to you some, or any, of the features and functionality of our website.
If you wish to exercise any rights you have under applicable data protection law, including the right to access, amend or delete any information we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Links To Other Websites
Advertising And Affiliate Program Participation
- Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels. We may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands and agencies. Such sponsored content will be disclosed in accordance with Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns may utilize tracking pixels (also known as web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. As stated above, these pixels may capture your IP address on behalf of the content sponsor. No personally identifiable information collected by our website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
- Affiliate Program Participation. We may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into our website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. Currently, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of the Amazon Associates program, we will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their websites. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
- Newsletters. Through our website you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may also be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent to our subscribers may contain tracking pixels. The pixel will be embedded in the emails and will allow us to analyze the success of any online marketing campaign. These tracking pixels will also allow us to see if you opened the email, when you opened the email and which links within the email you click. In addition, this will allow us to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of our subscribers.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties, as we value your privacy. We also do not “sell” your personal information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
We intend to take reasonable efforts to protect the personally identifiable information that you share with us from unauthorized access, accidental loss or inadvertent disclosure. However, because the Internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information we may have collected or received from you or transmitted to you.
The Privacy Of Children
Children under the age of 16 are not the target audience for our website. If we are made aware that we have collected personal information from a child under 16 years old, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
California Do Not Track
Our website does not alter, change, or respond upon receiving “Do Not Track” requests or signals in browsers. We generally track user activity using web server logs, cookies and similar technologies. Information collected in web server logs helps us analyze website usage and improve the user’s experience. Cookies allow us to offer you a customized experience and present relevant content to you.
Retention Of Your Information
Dated: March 7, 2022
What Are Cookies?
When you use our website, we may send one or more cookies to your device. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our website. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept certain types of cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of our website to its fullest potential. We may use third party cookies as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data (please refer to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners for additional privacy options, if any). We do not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use our website.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “cookies,” “clear gifs,” “web beacons” and similar tracking technologies (collectively referred to as “cookies”). This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use our website, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on our website, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use our website. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
Cookies Used By Us
We may use different types of cookies such as those listed below. They help us to provide and improve our website, such as showing you the most relevant information. Some or all of the cookies listed below may be stored in your browser or devices.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for you to use our website, such as the cookies used for carrying out the transmission of a communication, the cookies that record requests for information from the Internet and block web attacks so as to ensure web security, the cookies that are strictly necessary for us to provide information society services that you request. You will need to accept strictly necessary cookies to be able to utilize the features of our website.
- Preference cookies. These cookies are also known as “functionality cookies.” These cookies allow us to remember choices you have made through your use of our website, such as what language you prefer, what region you are in, or what your username and password are so you can automatically log in. These cookies can help reallocate work load among servers and enable webpages to respond faster.
- Statistics cookies. These cookies are also known as “performance cookies,” these cookies collect information about how you use our website, like which webpages you visited and which links you clicked on. These cookies can help us to improve user experience of using our website.
- Marketing cookies. These cookies can track your online activities to help us deliver more relevant advertisements or limit the number of times that the same advertisement is shown to you.
Manage Your Cookie Settings
We offer you the possibility to set your preferences regarding cookies. By clicking “Cookie Preferences” on the bottom of each webpage, you can select the types of Cookies our website uses. You can change your preferences at any time and you can also withdraw the consent you have previously given to us.
Cookies Use When You Use Mobile Devices
We may obtain or receive information about your device, our apps, or other apps. We may also use these technologies to store information on your device. For example, we may receive information about the make and model of your mobile device.
Dated: March 7, 2022
California Privacy Notice
Scope Of Notice
This California Privacy Notice (the “CA Notice”) supplements the information contained in our Privacy Notice above and applies solely to individual residents of the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). This CA Notice describes how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal information of individual residents of the State of California, either online or offline, within the scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”).
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all terms in this CA Notice have the same meaning as defined in our Privacy Notice or as otherwise defined in the CCPA.
When we use the term “personal information” in this CA Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Personal information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you. Pursuant to the CCPA, personal information does not include the following:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified, aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or linked to a consumer.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as (i) health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data, and (ii) personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA) and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Your Rights As A California Resident
- Right to Know and Access. This is your right to submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (i) categories of personal information collected or disclosed by us; (ii) purposes for which categories of personal information are collected by us; (iii) categories of sources from which we collect personal information; and (iv) specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you during the past twelve months. This right is subject to certain limitations under the CCPA.
- Right to Delete. This is your right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you and maintain in our systems, subject to certain exceptions that permit us to keep your personal information for specific purposes.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. This right means that we will not discriminate against you in any manner because you elect to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about California consumers for a variety of business reasons from one or more of the categories indicated in the list below. Please note the specific pieces of personal information we may collect about you can vary depending on the nature of your interactions with us.
- Personal identifiers (e.g., name, address, phone number, unique personal identifier, government issued identification, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers).
- Personal information (e.g., name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or other similar financial or personal information).
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law (e.g., age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information (e.g., services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or preferences).
- Internet or other similar network activity (e.g., browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement).
- Geolocation data (e.g., physical location collected from geolocation features on a device, including IP address).
- Sensory information (e.g., photos, videos, or other similar media).
- Professional/Employment Information (e.g., employing entity, business unit, job title, function, and the nature of duties and responsibilities).
- Inferences (e.g., information reflecting predictions about a consumer’s interest and preferences).
Sources From Whom We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information about you from a variety of sources in order to provide you with our services, communicate with you, and when you interact with us through electronic means, such as use our services, website or applications. These sources may include:
- Information you provide to us directly, such as when you contact or communicate with us, or when you establish a customer or user account;
- Information we collect automatically and through your use of our services, website or applications;
- Information obtained from third parties; and
- Publicly available information about you.
How We Use The Categories Of Personal Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect about you to help provide you with reliable services, communicate with you, make improvements to our services, investigate theft, fraud and other illegal activities and to personalize your experience. We may use the information we collect about consumers and the circumstances under which we may share or disclose that information to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- Respond to enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our services.
- Communicate with you, including through email to provide you updates, alerts, news and mailings relating to seminars or other events that we think may be of interest to you.
- Operate, maintain and provide you with the features and functionality of our services.
- Market to you, including through email.
- Send you statements and invoices in relation to any agreement between us to provide you with any part of our services.
- Better understand the demographics of our users.
- Personalize your experience and to deliver custom content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, or on other devices you may use.
- Recognize you and remember your information when you return to our website and services.
- Help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services, technology assets and business.
- Test, research, analyze and assist in product development, including to develop and improve our services.
- Assist you in sharing content from our services, or your experiences on our services, with your friends, followers or contacts on a social network.
- Comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, as well as for the general administration of our business.
How You Can Submit A Request For Deletion Of Your Personal Information
To protect your information, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases, we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. We will use reasonable efforts to verify your identity, as well as the identity of your authorized agent to ensure that your agent has been properly authorized by you to request information on your behalf.
If we cannot verify your identity or your authorized agent’s identity, we cannot fulfill your request.
To exercise one or more of your CCPA rights, please submit a request by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Rights Request.”
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is needed for the purpose(s) for which it was collected and other permitted purposes, including retention of personal information pursuant to any applicable contract, law or regulation. Our retention periods vary based on business, legal and regulatory needs.
How To Opt-Out Of The Sale Of Personal Information To Third Parties
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for monetary consideration for any purpose, including advertising, but we may disclose or make available the personal information identified earlier in this CA Notice for limited reasons.
Your Right To Non-Discrimination
The CCPA prohibits businesses from discriminating against California consumers for exercising any of their rights under the CCPA. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected any personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
Changes To This CA Notice
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, or if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this CA Notice, please contact us at email@example.com
Dated: March 7, 2022